A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Image doctoring

Image doctoring

Postby Thomas52 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:30 pm

I have a really poor image at Image at http://www.adkins9.net/media/MargBanker1781.jpg that is beyond my skill level - I can do some minor enhancing with Picasa, but don't have Photoshop. Any suggestions or advice on where to start?
"He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all!" - James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose (1612 to 1650)
PROfessional Member
Location: The foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina

Re: Image doctoring

Postby Thomas52 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize the image has the imprint - trying again...
Attachments
Banker,Marg1781.jpg
Banker,Marg1781.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 3464 times
"He either fears his fate too much, Or his desserts are small, Who dares not put it to the touch, To win or lose it all!" - James Graham, 5th Earl of Montrose (1612 to 1650)
PROfessional Member
Location: The foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina

Postby shreader » Wed May 02, 2012 10:27 pm

MS Office has a thing called "Picture Manager", if you have MS Office installed
one can adjust the contrast, brightness & Midtone or can also auto correct (which works sometime).

I just tried it & it does help the pic a little bit, it also darkend it.
Software Director

Postby Thomas52 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks, more to learn ~~ :-)
PROfessional Member

Postby shreader » Fri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm

I subscrebe to a newsletter called WindowsSecrets, this week they have a story:

Best Software
Free photo-editing tools do more than ever
By Lincoln Spector
When digital photos need fixing, having the right tools at hand — and knowing how to use them — can make the process fun and pleasing.

If you're not inclined to spend much on a photo editor, the latest free editing apps provide some surprisingly powerful tools.

*Here are acouple they mention:
Paint.net: Getting down to business

It's amazing what can be fit into a small package. Once installed (download page), Paint.net takes up only about 20MB of disk space. Yet the application is a surprisingly powerful and versatile image-editing tool.
-----------------------------------
FotoFlexer: Have fun while you fix your photos

If your goal is quick photo fixes, or you don't want to install another program, FotoFlexer is worth a try. This Cloud-based service, financed with advertising (which is only occasionally annoying), offers a significant set of photo manipulation tools. And it's exceptionally easy to use.

*HTH
Software Director

Postby Thomas52 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Thank you.
PROfessional Member

Return to General Tech Chat