A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

trying again to restore Windows 8 CP boot option in Bootmenu

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

trying again to restore Windows 8 CP boot option in Bootmenu

Postby DEVILSAN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi everyone ,

I am going to try again, i do had some previous post trying to fic my machine , I had windows xp 64 bit & Windows 8CP as secondary OS 64bit. I screwed up with the XP so I have installed 7ulimate 64 bit i guess its better choice, but again i had no entry in the boot menu of Windows 8 CP just the Windows 7 as default only OS , so i tried to create the new Entry manually using BCDEDIT

Code: Select all
bcdedit /create {bootmgr} /d "Windows 8 CP"
bcdedit /set {bootmgr} device partition=G:
bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \bootmgr

bcdedit /displayorder {bootmgr} /addlast
becasue Windows 8 installation drive is G

doing this i did got the entry that says Boot loader manager but it does not loads windows 8, secondly i think entry should be called Windows 8 CP but instead its called Windows Boot Manager.. can anyone please help me make an entry in the boot menu to launch Win 8 CP just by selecting from OS Selection menu ...?
PRO Level 13

Re: trying again to restore Windows 8 CP boot option in Boot

Postby shreader » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm

You might try repairing the boot menu w/ your Windows 7 DVD.
Boot to the DVD & choose "repair my computer" then select "boot menu repair" (something like that, I cannot find any screenys w/ the exact language).
Software Director

Re: trying again to restore Windows 8 CP boot option in Boot

Postby DEVILSAN » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 am

i dont remember if their is any option like boot menu repair, However I will check when i get back home...
PRO Level 13

Return to Windows Boot Problems