A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Part of site now showing up online, but does in dreamweaver

Part of site now showing up online, but does in dreamweaver

Postby T-Man1984 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I am using a premade template. There is supposed to be a solid colored line behind my menu buttons. In dreamweaver it shows up, and on the local machine it shows up in IE, but not Chrome. It does not show up at all on any other machine.

What could be causing it?

I will give someone a link to the site, but don't think I am allowed to post it up here for all to see.

I am using this template. http://www.templatekingdom.com/CSS-Temp ... 09-Package

I've taken all of their stuff off the page except the olive colored line with the orange button in it. When I view my site the text is there, but there is no background color, and they do not highlight when hovered over.

help!
PRO Level 6

Re: Part of site now showing up online, but does in dreamwea

Postby ar1stotle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 am

Well, I think this thread also needs a response. Basically, the colors are there because those elements have a background image. The olive color comes from images/navigation-bg.gif. In the CSS style sheet, that background is set to change when you hover over it. So, assuming you have the same style sheet, make sure the background images exist and you should be good to go ^*^

So, the reason the problem may also exist is if you have the background image pointing to something on the local machine, or if it isn't uploaded to the web server. I like to use relative paths for things, but if you do a little experimenting I'm sure you'll figure it out.
PRO BRONZE

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts