A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windwos XP sp3 services not inititating / not running

Windwos XP sp3 services not inititating / not running

Postby DEVILSAN » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:33 am

after so much of messup I have landed up that my windows XP 32 services are not initiating , It has SP3 installed but when I try to re run the sp3 setup after extraction I get error the cryptographic service is not runing… any idea how can I have services running normally and taskbar also shows up, the sound card is also not showing up...
PRO Level 13

Re: Windwos XP sp3 services not inititating / not running

Postby ar1stotle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:45 am

If you open up system management and look at the running services, can you manually start the ones that it claims are not started?
PRO BRONZE

Postby DEVILSAN » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:25 am

ar1stotle wrote:If you open up system management and look at the running services, can you manually start the ones that it claims are not started?

if thats all i had to do I would have not posted on pronetworks, but since everytime i did this i got Access Denied Error even when I am logged in as Administrator.. anyway reply came too late now I have re installed windows again,,,
PRO Level 13

Postby ar1stotle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm

Yeah, I thought that would be too simple. Seems like you just got hit with some nasty malware. Starting fresh was probably the easiest thing to do. Sometimes those are more trouble to clean out than they're worth
PRO BRONZE

Postby DEVILSAN » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:07 am

yesterday night i just realized all my data in my documents folder is lost , I did used files and folder setting transfer but the dat files generated by it, are not identified if i am trying to use the same wizard on new installation put things back as were before... :shocked:
PRO Level 13

Return to General Windows Support