A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

iPod and wi-fi

iPod and wi-fi

Postby mooseantlers » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Help!

My wife gave me my Xmas present early . . a 4th Gen 1Pod touch (32gb) (with OS5)!!

We have a Buffalo Airstation wireless router (WHR-HP-GN). The iPod 'sees' the network, shows it's locked' & then asks for a password. I did not assign a password. Using my wife's netbook, I dug around and found a password. I made sure that lower & upper case characters are entered properly. However, the iPod keeps saying that it's not the correct one.

How the heck can I found out what password will grant access?

Any help would greatly appreciated.
PRO Level 4

Re: iPod and wi-fi

Postby shreader » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:46 pm

On the bottom of my "Actiontec" router there is the wireless ID & a key.
using the key works my pw when asked.
Software Director

Postby mooseantlers » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm

Thank you so very much. The key number did the trick!!!!

Appreciate the help and have a super holiday season!! Mine just got better!!!!!!!
PRO Level 4

Postby Sullivan29 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:47 am

I personally use one in place of a netbook (which I do not enjoy using), and to avoid the need for a separate eReader. I find I can read quite comfortably with it, even in sunlight, and since I tend to read mainly academic textbooks, I find the increased screen size over a Kindle allows me to follow more working on a single page, which is a great help to me. I also find a full-screen multitouch interface more usable than a trackpad or nipple pointer controller. I use the tablet for those applications that I cannot comfortably do on a 3.5" smartphone; primarily remote-desktop work and typing anything of length (in addition to the eReading).

They are less bulky than your netbook, which is just as likely to break if dropped, so I don't follow why you bring these points up in relation to tablets.

However, if you are happy with the devices you currently have, the quick answer is that a tablet would most likely be useless to you. There's no reason we should all elect to buy the same set of devices each, and what works for you won't for someone else and vice versa.
PRO New Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing