A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Drive Listing in Computer Management

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Drive Listing in Computer Management

Postby buzzmag » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Dual booting W7 Home Preium 64 bit on partition C and D. Had to use 'Computer Management' to get a drive letter assigned to an external USB drive. I then noticed that Disk 0 had the 'D' drive listed before the 'C' drive (D on left - C on right). Could this lead to a problem? Can I correct by using the drive letter change option?
PRO Level 2

Re: Drive Listing in Computer Management

Postby shreader » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:56 pm

Myself I would just leave it alone.
Usually whatever OS one is in it will see itself as drive C.

I normally let the W7 Disk Mgr. use the default letters (when adding partitions) & haven't had any problems doing it that way.
Software Director

Re: Drive Listing in Computer Management

Postby buzzmag » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:18 pm

shreader wrote:Myself I would just leave it alone.
Usually whatever OS one is in it will see itself as drive C.

I normally let the W7 Disk Mgr. use the default letters (when adding partitions) & haven't had any problems doing it that way.

Sounds like a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I'll leave well enough alone unless something goes wrong.
PRO Level 2

Return to Windows Boot Problems