A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How to remove boot drive *with EFI*?

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Re: How to remove boot drive *with EFI*?

Postby jbullard » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 pm

Well, I didn't think it would be there but figured we'd look anyway. If you can give me a few days I can develop some directions for you. I use an UEFI on my development laptop which I can clone in a virtual drive then see what I can do. It should be fairly simply to do but it'll take a few days (for me) to test. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:13 am

Well, one messy way to acheive your goal would be :

1) remove the drive

2) install a temporary copy of Windows to the data drive (obviously, without formatting it ;))

3) Use DBP to add a boot menu option towards the existing setup on C:

4) test and so on ; then when satisfied, remove the boot menu option towards the data drive version, then delete the Windows folders from D:

---

The drawback is that you'd risk writing boot files to the data drive during setup, which you may not want...
PRO VETERAN

Postby Bigtuna00 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:58 am

I want to thank everyone again for trying to help me with this. Unfortunately last Friday the situation became a bit more dire as the Raptor started to fail. I ended up re-installing Windows so the situation has resolved itself.
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:03 pm

No problem. I am almost done with a list of actions on moving the boot files so once that is done I'll post it here just so everyone knows. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems