A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Clean Win7 install doesn't recocnise components

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Clean Win7 install doesn't recocnise components

Postby LordHAwkwind » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:49 pm

To cut a long story short, Win 7 went flakkey on me (BSOD etc) and finally refused to boot. Tried to load Acronis TI 11 Image but it said it was corrupt, eventhough I could examine the file in Windows! IMHO Acronis TI 11 is a real POS software.

Every time I tried to reinstall Win 7 got errors like win/.sources.mid. Finally loaded but it didn't recognise most of my hardware including LAN. Therefore no way to update as it also didn't see my optical drives.

Not a very happy chappy at the moment so has anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks

Del
PRO Level 2

Re: Clean Win7 install doesn't recocnise components

Postby yeshuas » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:08 pm

you probably have to load the drivers manually for you motherboard which is really unusual for Windows 7

Sounds to me like something else is going on though, e.g. HD is going bad, CPU or memory needs to be reseated, or worse case scenario MB, CPU and or Memory is failing
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby LordHAwkwind » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:33 pm

yeshuas wrote:you probably have to load the drivers manually for you motherboard which is really unusual for Windows 7

Sounds to me like something else is going on though, e.g. HD is going bad, CPU or memory needs to be reseated, or worse case scenario MB, CPU and or Memory is failing

I think you could be right. I got first gen Sandy Bridge mobo with SATA 2 bug and both my optical drives are on this. Never replaced the MB because it was a major O/C'er. HD is new, CPU only 6 months old so maybe they should be OK.
PRO Level 2

Postby shreader » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:46 pm

I'd suggest installing the chipset, LAN & etc drivers off the MB CD to see if that will help incase your not going to Replace the MB.
Software Director

Postby JabbaPapa » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:59 am

With no network and no optical drive access, I guess you'll need to go via USB flash drive to get the driver installation from wherever into that machine ?
PRO VETERAN

Return to Windows Boot Problems