A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Remote desktop Connection

Remote desktop Connection

Postby CanutoOnline » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi to everyone,

I have a question and/or a concern about Remote Desktop Connection and Remote Desktop Web Connection.
The situation:
My laptop client runs XP Pro SP3 with a well-configured RDC, Control and Shell Version 6.1.7600 and RDP 7.0 supported. Besides, I downloaded from Microsoft and installed TsWeb software. I fixed the securitypackages and securityproviders registry keys.

My PC server runs W7 Ultimate with the option to Allow Connections Only From Computers Running Remote Desktop With Network Level Authentication. My Pc works behind a router Linksys WRT54Gl, so I opened the ports I use for both kind of connections, not the default ones. Finally, I configured AVG firewall to permit access by these ports.

The problem:
When I connect via RDC everything goes fine, I love it; however, trying to connect via TS web I get "the server requires Network Authentication Level which your system does not support........" error.

The question:
Why is it happening? What could be wrong? If The configuration on server is the same for both connections, why the error comes up in only one of them? I know if I change the option on my server the problem goes away but I don't want to do that, I want to learn.

Thanks in advance for giving me the chance to post it.

regards,

CanutoOnline
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support