A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Photography website

Photography website

Postby Sisco22 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:40 pm

Hey guys,
Been a while since i've been on here. Been busy with life and kids and all that good stuff.

I am currently wanting to set up a photography website, where i can upload my pics to it and have other people view them, in a slide show or just clicking on them and it expanding. Does anyone know of a good template i could use to try and get this going?

Thanks!
PRO Level 14

Re: Photography website

Postby shreader » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:00 pm

You can check your ISP for a free website (& tools to set-it-up) if they offer one.

I use Verizon & they off a 10 MB free one.

Here is mine compliments of Verizon:
JD's 2004 Tavarua Pictures
Software Director

Postby Sisco22 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks Shreader, i actually have domain hosting and all that stuff, just need to build a site to put on one of my domains. I don't feel like going thru setting up one from scratch, due to time. Thats why i was looking for a template. Btw, love the pics! that sunset in Fiji is gorgeous!
PRO Level 14

Postby gries818 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Check any of the WordPress templates. It shouldn't be too hard to convert those to some other format... or you could just use WordPress.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby kanaloa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:50 am

Wordpress would probably be your simplest solution. I personally use EE (Expression Engine) for everything myself. Used in combination with Matrix, you can do some really awesome photo galleries. :yesnod:

I built this site using EE and Matrix to do this part of the gallery: http://www.hawaiianphotos.org/images.php/kauai/thumbs/
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby ar1stotle » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:15 am

Well, if you want to work with a little code, my favorite plugin (or base) for this type of stuff is Lightbox 2. There are lots of projects like it, but it makes photo galleries really simple to get up and running.
PRO BRONZE

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts