A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Unable to install - run under an Administrator account

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Unable to install - run under an Administrator account

Postby LaurenceBevan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:01 am

I have just purchased DualBootPro, downloaded it and now want to install it. When I launch the exe, it gives me an error "You need to run this setup program under an Administrator account!".

I am logged in to a domain and I am a Domain Administrator and have administrative rights on the local machine. I have also tried right clicking and choose "Run as an administrator" but still the same error. Please advise what I need to do to install the program!!

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

Regards,
Laurence Bevan
New Zealand
PRO New Member

Re: Unable to install - run under an Administrator account

Postby jbullard » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:14 am

Laurence,

What method are you attempting to install DBP? Are you logging in under the Domain Administrator or the actual local administrator account? A lot of times, especially within a network, install programs only recognize local administrator accounts. The program that we use to create the installer uses this method.

Jason
VP - Software

Re: Unable to install - run under an Administrator account

Postby yeshuas » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 am

In the "Control Panel" under "User Account" then "Account Type" try setting it to Standard User to install Dual Boot Pro, you can change it back later
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to PRO Software