A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How to uninstall windows 7 and install windows XP

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

How to uninstall windows 7 and install windows XP

Postby bhuneshwar » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:30 pm

can any one tell me how to to uninstall windows 7 and install windows XP i am not able to install XP plzzzzzz help me :embarrassed: :question
PRO New Member

Re: How to uninstall windows 7 and install windows XP

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:16 pm

What is preventing you from installing Windows XP?

You can boot to the XP CD and use the tools provided during selection of the drive/partition to install on, to format the Windows 7 drive/partition. That will remove it from your system although you may have a small partition of 100 MB or so tagged (System) to delete, again using the tools provided by your XP CD.

Please note my first question though, because if there is something preventing the installation of Windows XP, you could end up with no operating system installed.

Do you have a Windows 7 installation DVD or Recovery DVD from the manufacturer of your system in case your XP install fails?

If you've got a new computer, please note that installing Windows XP can possibly void your warranty.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems