A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

SATA drives and booting Vista

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

SATA drives and booting Vista

Postby kanaloa » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Ralph Howell wrote:I installed 2 sata drives, both have Vista windows installed on them. When I click on
"my computer" both hdds show up,1 as C drive and 1 as E drive. That is the only place thay show up, that is the reason I bought, Dualboot Pro 1.1
I need help to use the program and get this booting issue set up so I can boot C or E drive
On restart boot. Thanks for any help you can give in this matter.
President

Re: SATA drives and booting Vista

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 am

Boot to your Windows Vista DVD and at the "Install now" setup screen select "Repair my computer". When a menu appears select "Startup repair". You may have to do this twice but after doing this the first time, boot to Windows and check whether you have a boot menu showing two listings of Windows Vista. If so then check them both to see if they are operative. Use DualBootPRO to rename the installations so that you know which is which and to set the installation you would like to boot to by default.

If this relatively easy method above does not work, let us know and we'll take it from there - entirely using DualBootPRO, to create entries for the operating systems and allocating drive letters on the Operating Systems page of DualBootPRO and then on the System Bootloader page of DualBootPRO, reinstalling the Vista Bootloader>All Drives.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re: SATA drives and booting Vista

Postby kanaloa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 am

Thanks, I'll let you know of his response.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Return to Windows Boot Problems