A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Need help dual booting XP and Windows 7

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Need help dual booting XP and Windows 7

Postby w9cgi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm a newbie too - but not for much longer .. Agreed the cost of DualBootLoader PRO was fine - but NO INFO anywhere without wading
through MILES of posts / forums / ALL I have is a simple question - where are the "instructions" for us non geniuses to just SETUP the s/w to allow me to boot /add and control Xp on a system that has lousy dirtyWindows 7. ? The laptop ACER was too good $$ to pass up and I don't want to just DUMP the 7 I paid for for future sales value ?? H E L P .. Is there no simple manual I can read -- where ?? Had PRO over a month - doing me ZERO good -- thanks all dave Contact me direct preferably or I will grow (older) wading thru all these posts as well ? <email address removed by Grav!ty>
PRO New Member

Re: Need help dual booting XP and Windows 7

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 pm

It is hard if not impossible to have a manual since every situation is different when trying to use or have a dual boot computer hence the forum type support

We need just a little info, which OS are you currently booting to, a screen capture of the Disk Management screen, and how if at all you are getting into either of the OS's

Oh yeah a copy of the boot.ini file and where it is located
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Re: Need help dual booting XP and Windows 7

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Moved from community and split to own topic.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems