A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Getting the properties of several folders at once

Getting the properties of several folders at once

Postby kanaloa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:11 am

On a Mac, is it possible to get the details of several folders at once, and not just each individual folder? I like to be able to select multiple folders like on my PC and see the total specs for all selected items, not just the individual specs for each folder. Just curious.

Thanks
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Re: Getting the properties of several folders at once

Postby gries818 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:16 am

kanaloa wrote:On a Mac, is it possible to get the details of several folders at once, and not just each individual folder? I like to be able to select multiple folders like on my PC and see the total specs for all selected items, not just the individual specs for each folder. Just curious.

Thanks

Do you mean from Terminal? Otherwise you can just select each folder from Finder and Right Click > Get Info. You can have more than one open at once.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby kanaloa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 am

In Finder if I select two folder and Get Info, two windows pop up with two different folder details. I want a single window with the details of both folders combined. Or is that not possible?
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby gries818 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 am

kanaloa wrote:In Finder if I select two folder and Get Info, two windows pop up with two different folder details. I want a single window with the details of both folders combined. Or is that not possible?

Oh you are trying to get the combined details? I'm not sure about that, I guess I didn't immediately realize that because I've never done it... I'm not sure how to do it on the Mac, thought it probably wouldn't be hard to make up with a simple script.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to Other Operating Systems