A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows 7 install Stuck at setup is starting

Re: Windows 7 install Stuck at setup is starting

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 pm

it stuck when "setup is starting" after I choosed my language and after I clicked the Install button
PRO Level 3

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:09 pm

it stuck when "setup is starting" after I choosed my language and after I clicked the Install button
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:13 pm

At the Install now setup screen, select Repair my computer and then from the menu that appears, select the Command Prompt. You can now use the command prompt based disk part to format the partition you are going to install Windows 7 on.

Here is a guide for you to use disk part: using-diskpart-on-the-windows-7-dvd-t112571.html#p792529

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:21 pm

but the problem is that the repair window don't appear when I select repair my computer, nothing but the mouse.
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Do you have a lot of card drives or external drives plugged in? If so then unplug them all before installation. If not then I think either your drive is fubar or you need to plug it in to a different computer to format it. It could be that your master boot record (mbr) of the drive is screwed up and full format of the drive should fix that.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:31 pm

thnx 4 helping, I'll try another thing, cuz I dun wanna full format.
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:28 am

I formated the "C" partition through hiren's boot cd (partition tools) then the windows installation disc worked successfully ^*^ but I the computer asks me when it start if I want to start Windows 7 or windows 7 , so how can I remove this??
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:17 am

Look for a folder with a long alpha numerical name and delete it. That is likely a setup folder from a previous attempt, although quite frankly if you formatted the drive there should be trace of any previous setup attempt. Do you have more than one hard drive in the system where that folder may be?

PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to General Windows Support