A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows 7 install Stuck at setup is starting

Windows 7 install Stuck at setup is starting

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:02 am

Every time I try to install windows 7, after I click on Install, All I can see is the standard Win7 background and the mouse cursor which I can move around. There is no hard drive or CD-ROM activity, am sure that the DVD is working.
PRO Level 3

Re: Windows 7 install Stuck at setup is starting

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 am

Are you booting from the CD/DVD drive or are you running setup from within another operating system?

If you downloaded the Windows 7 .iso image try burning it to DVD at the lowest speed possible.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:02 pm

am booting from DVD drive, it works when I change the hard disk of my laptop, but I need to install it on the other hard, because it had windows 7 but failed to start after I installed some programs, I think the reason is nod32 that make it fail to start(dun know why).
PRO Level 3

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 pm

I can't run the repair window too, I think the start up repair may fix the windows 7 issue.
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:17 pm

I'm not quite getting what you mean when you say that nod32 is causing it to fail to start installation, because if you are booting from DVD, that is to say that you are starting the computer with the DVD drive set as the first boot device, then nod32 has not started to run.

Are you starting the computer with the Windows 7 disk in the DVD drive and is the DVD then the first thing your system boots to?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:44 pm

sorry, it was long time since I wrote in English
and yes
I'm starting the computer with windows 7 disk in the DVD drive.
the first thing in my system boot is the DVD.
when I choose the language and select Install, I see "setup is starting" for hours as I leave it and the disk sound is stopped.
when I replace the hard with another one the windows 7 installation disk works fine and I can access the version choice window(32bit or 64bit)
the disk also failed to run the repair option.
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Please post a screenshot of your disk management so that we can see the partition and drive structure you have.

PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 pm

I want to reinstall the windows because the current one fail to start by showing a blue screen and restart (that is what I mean by "the nod32 made it fail to start) SO I want to access the disk or the windows if possible, I have 320 gb hard as local disk "C " bout "50" gb and the rest in the "D"
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:01 pm

During setup did you format the drive/partition you want to install on?

PROfessional Member

Postby mido.813 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:05 pm

no I didn't, I couldn't reach the window in the installation that allows me to format the partition.
PRO Level 3

Next

Return to General Windows Support