A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Did I just waste $10?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Did I just waste $10?

Postby robains » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 pm

I just purchased DualBootPro thinking that it had the ability to create a bootable USB or CD so that I can set the MBR/boot options for my hard disks so that I can actually boot into my existing Windows 7 partition. So I installed DualBootPro and I'm not seeing anything that allows me to make a bootable USB or CD so that I can boot my other PC?? Am I missing something?? I really don't understand the purpose of this product if it can't do at least the fundamental job of setting the MBR on my disk so I can boot to it??

Rob
PRO New Member

Re: Did I just waste $10?

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Yes you wasted $10 dollars because you didn't bother to read what the software is designed to do and which it does very well indeed. Nowhere do we claim the capabilities you are looking for Rob.

But hang in there and we'll see about a refund :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby robains » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Bad assumption on my part - I just assumed a boot tool would have the ability to make a bootable CD/DVD/USB. But I got question why someone would produce a Boot tool that has no ability to actually boot? I mean, if DualBootPro causes a problem (not saying it will, but for arguments sake) and one can no longer access their OS -- they out in the cold?

Rob
PRO New Member

Postby Wikolia » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Hi Rob!
Just wanted to let you know your refund has been issued.

Thank You!
"Not all who wander are lost."
Creative Director

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 pm

robains wrote:Bad assumption on my part - I just assumed a boot tool would have the ability to make a bootable CD/DVD/USB. But I got question why someone would produce a Boot tool that has no ability to actually boot? I mean, if DualBootPro causes a problem (not saying it will, but for arguments sake) and one can no longer access their OS -- they out in the cold?

Rob

If you ever need to boot two operating systems on the same computer, either on two partitions of the same hard drive or on two separate hard drives, DualBootPRO would be the tool you need, particularly if you have a newer operating system installed first.

Just uninstall DualBootPRO and you need have no fear of being unable to access your system provided you don't mess with anything using it.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby robains » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Thank you, have uninstalled from my PC.

Rob
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software