A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

cannot see OSX server form Win 7 PC

cannot see OSX server form Win 7 PC

Postby hightechhippie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 am

Here are the details:

I am the only win pc on a osx network 10.6 server, in OSX, I have smb service turned on, I have a user account and PW set up with share permissons turned on. I can see my win7 pc from the Mac, I even have a shard folder on the pc that I can drop files into from the mac, when I am copying files over to the pc I can see the mac. In the network section of explorer, but I cannot see anything like a sharepoint if I click on it even though they are set up. I can ping from either the pc or the mac and all packets come back, no loss. On the win7 box I have, the same workgroup name as on the Mac, I have changer the local security policy to the 2 common mods needed for macs and. Win7 machines to talk to each other, firewall is off. Homegroup is off, file and print, and pw sharing is. Macenabled. From themac I have to put in a user name and pw to connect to the share on the win7 machine. I have been working on this issue for 2 days on and off, it is driving me crazy. Any help would be great.

Sent from phone,pls. Excuse spelling

Mike
PRO New Member

Re: cannot see OSX server form Win 7 PC

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 am

Hey Mike, there are very few Mac/Apple folk come through here so I'm afraid there's little if any expertise in that area here. It's probably best for you to stick to an Apple OSX forum :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to General Windows Support