A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Looping System file scanner

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Looping System file scanner

Postby Stan92057 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi

I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and for a while now System File Scanner has been trying to run on every boot,restart. When i allow it to run its course it finds no problems,but on the next restart,boot it will try to run again. I am at a total loss here,i realy dont want to do a formatt because i bought the download upgrade of Windows 7 and im pretty sure it wont allow formatting. At any rate,any clues guys/gals??

Thanks in advance

Stan
PRO New Member

Re: Looping System file scanner

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Go to the command prompt in Windows 7 and type SFC /PURGECACHE and type Enter and then type SFC /REVERT

The second command will set SFC back to it's default settings.

Let us know what the result is.

Bear in mind that the fact that SFC is auto running could mean that you have some damaged or corrupted system files, in which case you would need to place the DVD in your DVD drive and let it replace the damaged files from there.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby Stan92057 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:24 pm

That did the trick thanks so much.

Grav!ty wrote:Go to the command prompt in Windows 7 and type SFC /PURGECACHE and type Enter and then type SFC /REVERT

The second command will set SFC back to it's default settings.

Let us know what the result is.

Bear in mind that the fact that SFC is auto running could mean that you have some damaged or corrupted system files, in which case you would need to place the DVD in your DVD drive and let it replace the damaged files from there.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:44 pm

Glad you got that fixed.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems