A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Win7-64 Disable Driver Signature enforcement

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Win7-64 Disable Driver Signature enforcement

Postby judyatpda » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:10 am

Simple question I bought VBP to do just one simple thing.
I have an unsigned usb driver and want to disable driver signature enforcement in Win 7 - 64.
Can VBP do this for me so I dont have to use F8 at every bootup.
(I saw some old refs to this but nothing current)
Any Chance???
PRO New Member

Re: Win7-64 Disable Driver Signature enforcement

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:13 am

When did you buy VistaBootPRO?

There was time when VistaBootPRO could do that on Vista, but Microsoft fixed that goood and then no available process could do it anymore. There were other software items available that could do that on Vista, but there is no method to achieve that on the final versions of Windows 7 :no

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby judyatpda » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:40 pm

sorry slips I just bought dual boot pro because the sales
blurb indicated you could control all aspects of booting.
I guess from your comment NOT all!
a waste of money huh
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:03 pm

We do not claim DualBootPRO has the capability to disable the driver signature requirement of Vista and Windows 7 X64.

If you find a way of doing that please let us know as currently there is no known method of achieving what you want on the final versions of Windows 7.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby judyatpda » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:10 pm

THANKS for the prompt response.
Appreciate your point ref a specific feature, I guess we
all live in hope when reading general comments.
Some question, have you seen this,
http://www.minasi.com/newsletters/nws0903.htm (need to read down the page a bit)
is it for real? any technical merit?
is it out of date? Does it give us any ideas?
best rgds
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 pm

As far as I can tell at one read, that method was popular and valid at one point and there was even a way to get rid of the "Test Mode" text in the lower right-hand corner of the desktop. That it still works I cannot say until I check it out against our own test results and previous methods that worked.

I strongly doubt it will work though as an application would long ago have been put together to make that easier than going through the whole process each time. There were two apps that did work and allowed one to create signed drivers, but they stopped functioning after the final release of Windows 7 RTM which was in June 2009 to Microsoft "Partners" and I think July 2009 to TechNet subscribers. The date of the article you point is March 2009.

Go to http://www.planetamd64.com and check out there if there is a method...I doubt it very much. Don't worry about the AMD thing if you use an Intel system as these things are not CPU tied. You may have to register at planetamd64 to ask questions. They were at one time an affiliate site to us but we haven't had contact with them for a long time now. At one time they were very up to date on all things 64-Bit but I don't know how they fare these days.

Howz about emailing the vendor of the hardware/software you need 64-Bit drivers for?

Alternatively, will the software/hardware run on XP X64 which does not need driver signing? In that case try dual booting with XP 64 if you have a copy or can get one easily.

PROfessional Member

Postby shreader » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:27 am

On my old test rig w/ Vista x64 I use to be able to use a tweak (the Test Mode one) to disable the driver signing requirement for my Ethernet driver which happened to be self decorated as the manufacturer (3COM) never made a x64 driver for it.

MS through a Vista update broke the tweak so even if I use the F8 & disable driver signing requirement @ startup the browser/ethernet card works but I cannot Dl/install Vista updates.
I tried Win7 x64 on that rig & MS happened to provide a x64 ethernet driver so Win7 works fine on that rig.

My self decorated x86 to x64 driver worked fine on XP x64 when I first used it. There was a thread here @ PRO on decorating ones drivers for x64 OS's but I believe that area is gone now.
Software Director

Postby judyatpda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:21 am

A HUGE thank you for the responses, particularly the historical info(Grav!ty).
I'm a little shocked. I suspected that might be the case, the idea was OLD.
I will investigate the xp solution, must admit I thought we had reached
the end of falling back on xp. At the moment there is no possibility of
a signed driver, hence my effort to find a work around.
I will continue to look and report any positive finds here in case
there is general interest.
atb
PRO New Member

Postby judyatpda » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:06 am

still looking for a way to control driver signature enforcement on boot
http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo
A wild mixture of comments on the forum
http://www.ngohq.com/driver-signature-e ... overrider/
Does any one with a real brain have any experience of this "solution"
it sounds viable to me but doubt ms would not have killed it off.
(unfortunately I cant test it till next week) will report then.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:46 pm

DSEO used to work and it seems some at NGOHQ are still claiming success with it. It's certainly worth a try.

The auto F8 application they have may also work and at least save the effort of hitting F8 manually each time and having to restart when one forgets and goes to get some coffee or something.

PROfessional Member

Next

Return to PRO Software