A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Laptop suggestions

Laptop suggestions

Postby yeshuas » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:43 pm

My wife has the need for a laptop, and I have been looking at them when I have the time.

I went to Best Buy and had this one in hand, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Lapt ... Id=9963892

and was going to purchase it, when one of the geeks walked up and tried the hard sell of the warranty, and then the idea of them building the restore disks up for me at a fee of $59.95, telling me that when you are trying to make the restore disk(s) you only get one shot and if it doesn't work you are screwed and that to get the disks from ASUS they are around $100 or whatever. Talked me out of buying the computer, at least of buying it from that Best Buy.

If anyone has purchased a laptop lately and has either positive or negative feed back it would be appreciated
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Re: Laptop suggestions

Postby shreader » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:08 am

I bought my fried a HP Notebook last summer as a BX trade & it seems to be working fine w/ the abuse he gives it.
I generally watch the FRY'S adverts for the deals, their pricing put BB to shame.

Here is a i3 (Sony) they have this week (they may even through in a free printer after MIR)
Sony VAIO

I have seen some Sony electronics failing after a few years, so I would not recommend them.
Software Director

Re: Laptop suggestions

Postby yeshuas » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:15 am

Yes I agree in part with you when it comes to Sony, it seems like some of their products have a shelf life, or a best if used by date built in. LOL
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to Hardware and Customizing