A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Corrupt/missing driver - zblcy.sys

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Corrupt/missing driver - zblcy.sys

Postby pilotgirl » Wed May 26, 2010 4:02 am

New here, so hi!

I have a Toshiba Satellite that will not boot, due to the following message:

Windows failed to load because a critical system driver is missing or corrupt. The file is: windows/system32/drivers/zblcy.sys. Status = oxc0000225

Using DOS, I could locate the file, however it's empty.....o bytes.

Vista was pre-installed when I bought this laptop about 3 years ago and I don't have an install cd.

Tried googling zblcy.sys and came up with nothing.

I think there may be a problem with my Boot Manager also.

It's telling me:

identifier = bootmgr
device = partition =E:

I do have an external drive that I used once but can't remember if I "named" it as E:

I can't afford to reformat the entire internal drive, because I was stupid enough not to back up all my data. This mistake won't be repeated, I can assure you!!!

So - I'm not really sure if I have a dodgy Boot Manager, as I believe it should be booting from my c drive - or is this just a red-herring and my real issue is the corrupt file? Tried a system restore, but no restore points could be found. My BIOS is set to boot from the main hard drive.

At my wits end now. I even ran SpinRite to see if my hard drive was stuffed, but no errors were found.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :notworthy
PRO New Member

Re: Corrupt/missing driver - zblcy.sys

Postby yeshuas » Wed May 26, 2010 10:28 am

Have you tried connecting the external drive that you mentioned and restarting the computer just to see what happens?
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby pilotgirl » Thu May 27, 2010 4:24 am

I'm pretty sure I tried that, but I will do so again tonight and let you know what happens.

Thanks
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Ehhhhhhhhh

This seems more liek a virus then a system file.
1. I never heard of it
2. Googling and other searchs do not show up much detail
3. It does not show up on www.processlibrary.com and if it was a system file it would at least show up there.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby pilotgirl » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:16 am

Hi again,

I have tried booting from the external hd with no luck, but have managed to copy my entire c: drive onto the external hd.

I suspect it may well be a virus issue so am making a Kaspersky Rescue Disk as a bootable disk and will fire that up tonight.

Now I'm worried that my external hd may contain the virus, if it indeed proves to be that! Could that be possible? When copy all the data back onto my laptop, should I be very selective in what I copy back? Can I copy selectively? ie: everything except my OS? Sorry - I'm not very technical :uhhh

If it turns out to be a virus, should I just reformat my entitre c: drive and instal Windows 7 from an ISO file? Am over Vista!

Thanks for all your help so far. It's much appreciated
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:12 pm

Sound sto be a virus. And yes if you copied everythign to external and copy it back it will be there.

Right now your best bet is to format the drive out since your have your data on an external drive. Install the windows 7 and DUMP Vista. Win7 is superior to Vista. When you want you data from the external drive just copy that data over. I woudl also suggest gettting a good antivirus program such as NOD32 from www.eset.com
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems