A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Is a software controller the only thing needed to beat a 0X0

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Is a software controller the only thing needed to beat a 0X0

Postby Geoff Will » Sat May 01, 2010 11:28 am

Hello

I got your DualBootPro a couple days ago but it doesn’t get around the obstacle of getting my laptop to call up WXP in an external drive. It gets hit with a 0X0000007B code which my research says is a communication problem between laptop and external drive needing some sort of software controller to rectify.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1501 and the external drive is a Seagate 1TB that I multi-partitioned. The boot.ini setting is directed to the external drive and the right partition. I have Vista on the laptop. WXP gets as far as installing and re-boots and then hangs up before getting any further. DualBootPro announces the same thing although at least I don’t get the hal.dll message now. Beginning to think hitting a nail into a wall with my head would be preferable.

As I can’t be the first with this problem and have been trawling through the email responses to other people can you advise on what controller software I need to find please. I presume that is the only stumbling block.

Thanks
Geoff
PRO New Member

Re: Is a software controller the only thing needed to beat a 0X0

Postby NT50 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:00 pm

hal.dll is an error that the boot.ini is wrong
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby Geoff Will » Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 pm

I take it that this can't be done then??

As I've switched the swap file to the external drive, it is worth using its 2gB partition for WXP??
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Wed May 05, 2010 7:45 pm

There are a lot of cases that booting to an external hard drive is not a wise chose especially if you are dependant on it.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software