A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How to Remove Windows XP

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

How to Remove Windows XP

Postby gpawood » Mon May 03, 2010 3:39 am

I have a dual boot, Windows XP and Windows 7 and they are on separate drives.
How do I remove Windows XP completely so I can reformat that drive?
I am using the Windows 7 drive as primary now....
thanks
tommie c
PRO New Member

Re: How to Remove Windows XP

Postby NT50 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Utilize DualBootPro to remove XP/Legacy from the menu,
You will now need to find out if your XP drive is the system drive. Goto Disk Mananger under Windows 7 and look and see if that hard drive or a partition on it is the system drive.
If it is not the system drive then you can just format it now. If it is the system drive you can unhide files and folder along with system files. Copy the file bootmgr and the folder Boot to the root of your Windows 7 drive. Shutdown the computer and disconnect the Xp drive and boot to your Windows 7 DVD and do a startup repair. You may have to do a startup repair two time. Once done Windows 7 shoudl start on its own. You cna then hookup you XP dirve and format it now.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems