A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows 7 ?

Windows 7 ?

Postby sportman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 am

1 I am a disable person using windows 7 On-Screen Keyboard it is not the right keyboard for me to use can I download Windows XP on_screen keyboard anywhere cause it was easy for me to use thanks 2 In the taskbar can you tell me the number of firefoxs and ie explorer etc you can keep in the taskbar thanks
PRO New Member

Re: Windows 7 ?

Postby yeshuas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 am

I don't know if this one is any better but it may be worth your checking out

http://www.lakefolks.org/cnt/

or maybe this one

http://www.brothersoft.com/on-screen-ke ... 08673.html
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby sportman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:23 am

yeshuas thanks for the osk am.not to window 7 savy I think I meant toolbar not taskbar sorry not the one near the computer clock can you tell me the difference then I can explain it better thanks

PRO New Member

Postby yeshuas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:31 am

sportman1 wrote:yeshuas thanks for the osk am.not to window 7 savy I think I meant toolbar not taskbar sorry not the one near the computer clock can you tell me the difference then I can explain it better thanks

the taskbar is the bottom which contains the start button and it also can contain toolbars that you activate by right clicking your mouse and placing a check in the one you want.

The links I posted are for downloadable keyboards which I thought you were also interested in getting one like the one with XP sorry if I misunderstood.
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby sportman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:12 am

yeshuas The links you posted for downloadable keyboards which I got thanks sorry am trying to explain taskbar? is the bottom which contains and the numbers of apps like firefox and others I put their before it stops showing the thumbnail and stops appearing at the bottom hope I eplained it better
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:33 am

The taskbar has been completely redesigned in Windows 7, so that only one icon for any application will ever be active. I do not believe that the behaviour of XP that you are used to can be replicated in W7 -- although I have noticed that some software will continue to have multiple active icons if multiple instances of it are running at the same time.

Concerning internet browsers, the various tabs for web pages that you have opened are typically located near the top of the browser window, so that you may simply need to change your habits of controlling the various open web sites from the taskbar to the browser tabs.

If you are using Firefox, it is very easy for it to be poorly configured, so that it opens web pages in new windows rather than new tabs -- and these windows can be hard to navigate in W7.

In Firefox, clicking on Tools, then Options will provide you with the means to change the behaviour of your browser.
PRO VETERAN

Postby sportman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Concerning internet browsers, the various tabs for web pages that l have opened controlling the various open web sites from the taskbar to the browser tabs.

am using Firefox, it is very poorly configured, so that it opens web pages in new windows rather than new tabs -- and these windows can be hard to navigate in W7.

In Firefox, clicking on Tools, then Options where doI click wgich will provide me with the means to change to the right behaviour of my browser. do I click tabs in Tools, then Options ?
PRO New Member

Postby yeshuas » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 pm

sportman1 wrote:. do I click tabs in Tools, then Options ?

I don't have Firefox installed, but that would be my guess as to where to start at least, and then look for something that has to do with maybe open windows in a new tab or enable tabbed browsing or something like that
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby NT50 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 pm

You cna right click on the task bar at the bottom, click properties, and then click the dropdown for Taskbar button and choose to never combine. This will spread the icons across the taskbar the way it was in XP/Vista
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby sportman1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:30 pm

Will open windows in a new tab or enable tabbed browsing let me have alot of firefox and other apps in the taskbar?
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support