A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Need to get rid of the dual boot screen

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Need to get rid of the dual boot screen

Postby scottlent » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:21 am

I at one time had XP, Vista and Windows 7 installed. I have decided I am happy with 7, so I have successfully eliminated XP and Vista from my system. However, I still get the prompt screen from Dual Boot Pro. Of course, the only option that works is Windows 7, but it is a pain to have to go through the selection screen. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks
PRO New Member

Re: Need to get rid of the dual boot screen

Postby NT50 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:27 am

Run Dual Boot Pro and delete the entries for the other OSs
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby scottlent » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:59 pm

I appreciate your suggestion. However, I cannot find any way to run Dual Boot Pro. It is not listed as a program in the control panel. It does not show up anywhere that I can find in the programs directory. It is not in my start directory. If I could locate it, I would just delete it. How do I find and/or run it?

thanks
Scott
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:15 pm

DualBootPRO (DBP) will show under the Start Menu -> All Programs -> PROnetworks -> DBP. You should run it from this location. The next version will have it included in the Control Panel. :yesnod:

However, I think there might be some confusion here as well. DBP is a boot editor not a boot manager. Windows still manages this. DBP is a tool used to edit the windows boot manager. Deleting DBP will not do anything with the windows boot manager and the dual boot option will still be there. In order to remove the dual boot option you must remove the entries from the boot manager using DBP.

If you still can't find it please let us know and we can try another solution.
VP - Software

Postby scottlent » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for your help and patience. There is no PROnetworks entry in my start menu under all programs or anywhere else. I have run a search on the entire C: drive and come up empty trying to find the term dualboot. There is no PROnetworks folder within the Program Files folder.

Thanks
Scott
PRO New Member

Postby yeshuas » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:13 pm

scottlent wrote:Thanks for your help and patience. There is no PROnetworks entry in my start menu under all programs or anywhere else. I have run a search on the entire C: drive and come up empty trying to find the term dualboot. There is no PROnetworks folder within the Program Files folder.

Thanks
Scott

Dual Boot Pro is a program that is offered here at Pronetworks for a fee and is not included with Windows 7, Windows XP, or Windows Vista etc. so it won't automatically show up as a program; it is a GUI program that allows you to easily edit the BCD file of Vista and Windows 7
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to PRO Software