A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

monitor shows green

monitor shows green

Postby scrambledlife » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:23 am

and it is not the monitor or cable(tested with other computer) and when I try the change the colors from Display\Display color calibration the red and blue was off.Now everything is green.I think the videocard is gone bad?But if it is the videocard it shouldn't show anything,right?
PRO Level 3

Re: monitor shows green

Postby Chippychap » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Have you tried moving power cables from near the monitor, or did it turn out to be the monitor/card?
VEGETARIAN = AN OLD ABORIGINE WORD MEANING BAD HUNTER.
PRO Level 7

Postby NT50 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:57 pm

scrambledlife wrote:and it is not the monitor or cable(tested with other computer) and when I try the change the colors from Display\Display color calibration the red and blue was off.Now everything is green.I think the videocard is gone bad?But if it is the videocard it shouldn't show anything,right?

Trying moving the montior to the other computer you mentioned. It coudl be the card or the monitor. I have also seen video cards not seated well in the slot adn do very weird things.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby augie » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:59 pm

So since the said monitor works elsewhere, does another monitor work with said video card? I fooled around with the CRT's internal colours to my dismay and probably hastened its demise. Perhaps the other video card was pushing out more power to make it look good. Green always means death to a CRT be it a monitor or a TV.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Return to General Windows Support