A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

windows xp/vista bootloader problems

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

windows xp/vista bootloader problems

Postby kyle1 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:28 am

IHi all,
I recently partitioned the hard drive on my dell machine running windows vista and installed windows xp. I installed dualbootpro on xp and have just recently tried to set up the boot manager. After the boot manager screen came up, I tried to load vista for the first time after installing dual bootpro and after trying to load it went back to the bootmanager screen. I then tried to load XP and "windows failed to start" and got the following error message.
File: \ntlder
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I feel really in over my head as I only have enough knowledge to get myself into trouble like this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

thank you
PRO New Member

Re: windows xp/vista bootloader problems

Postby Nativedude » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am

You need to reinstall windows vista's bootloader
Boot from the vista dvd and select repair my computer then select startup repair

Then once your back in vista you can follow this guide to get XP back up
Dual Boot Trouble Shooting Guide
PRO Level 15

Return to Windows Boot Problems