A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Upgrade from vistabootpro 3.30

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Upgrade from vistabootpro 3.30

Postby wulf57 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Currently I have a tri boot installation consisting of XP Pro 32, Vista Ultimate 64, and Win7 Pro 64 (vistabootpro 3.3 is installed in XP). I want to upgrade from VistaBootPro 3.3 to DualBootPro.

I have downloaded the free upgrade (I qualified), I don't know how to proceed.

Do I install the upgrade in XP??

Do I have to uninstall VBP 3.3??

Will the upgrade install over the 3.3 installation in XP leaving the current settings intact??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
PRO New Member

Re: Upgrade from vistabootpro 3.30

Postby NT50 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:59 pm

It is best to uninstall old version and install new.

You can install it on XP and Vista/Win7 both
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby wulf57 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:51 am

If I uninstall it in winxp first will my computer still tri boot??

If I understand correctly, I can then reinstall the new product in any of the three operating systems.

Will I then have a dualbootpro "tri boot screen"??

All things equal I would rather have it in win7 since i use xp mainly for disgnostics.

Thanks
PRO New Member

Postby shreader » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes

Yes

You will have the DBP application interface but the same Boot Menu, thats a windows (not DBP) thing.
Software Director

Unable to boot to second hard drives OS Win 7

Postby acrafton » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:14 am

I just installed Dualbootpro hoping to be able to boot into Vista Ultimate 32 bit or Windows 7 32 bit but am only able to boot into Vista Ultimate. Vista is installed on my C drive and Windows 7 on my second hard drive along with XP. When I use DualBootPro to try and load Windows 7 it states and error has occured and to insert the language disk and try rebooting. This also happens if I try to load XP with DualBootPro.

If I just plug in my second hard drive it boots into Windows 7 by default without a problem.

I uninstalled DualBootPro and reinstalled it but still have the same problem only being able to boot into the OC on my C Drive but any thing on my other hard drive give me the error message above.

Hope some one has a suggestion on how to make this work.

Thanks.
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:01 pm

In order to boot Vista/win7 the file bootmgr and the folder "Boot" have to be located on the root of the System driver. In order to boot XP ntldr, NTDETECT, and boot.ini have to be located on the root of the System drive.
You will need to utilize Disk Manger to find your System drive and unhide all system files and folders and copy the files necessary for XP to boot to the root of the system drive. Edit your boot.ini to point to you XP installation. Then use DualBootPro to add it to the boot menu.
As for adding Vista or Win 7 while in Vista or Win 7, you should just be able to add the entry for it in DualBootPro.

Please check out our Guides section, we have several guide that maybe can help you.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software