A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Boot and System partitions differ

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Boot and System partitions differ

Postby mortensp » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:48 pm

I have 3 (primary) partitions on my harddisk; One with data only and two with Windows Vista. And i have installed DualBootPro 1.0.
The first Vista system boots fine, but when I boot the other Vista partition is uses the other Vista partition as System disk. I can
swap the behavior by setting the opposit Vista partition as Active. Is there a work around this problem?

What I really want, is to only have two visible partitions at any one time - the data partition and the current boot partition, and want the opposit Vista partition to be hidden!
PRO New Member

Re: Boot and System partitions differ

Postby jbullard » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:36 pm

mortensp,

That is a very good question and something that I am currently getting more information on. I am not 100% sure if it is possible but I will let you know. I know it is possible within Win7 because the it actually creates a hidden partition that is used for boot management. Unfortunately, Win Vista did not do this. However, it may be possible to replicate this behavior by creating a hidden partition and moving the boot data there. At this point you would be able to hide the other Vista partition. I will let you know how it works out and the steps that were taken. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Return to Windows Boot Problems