A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Separate MBR for each OS?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Separate MBR for each OS?

Postby bootcurious » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:28 am

Is it possible to use DualBootpro with Vista and Win 7 with each OS using its own MBR .I have installed each OS on C: made an image,stored it,wiped C:then repeated for second OS.I will then reinstall each OS when the time is right.Am I confused?Do I need a bootloader for this?The ones ive seen have an ugly GUI.Any help or direction great.p.s.I dont want each OS to know the other one is there.In time I want a Mac OS on thrd partion.
PRO New Member

Re: Separate MBR for each OS?

Postby NT50 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm

If your only goign to reastore 1 image at a time and have totally separate bootmgrs then no DualBootPro is not the way to go. If you want 1 bootmgr and be able to select which OS to boot too, then yes DualBootPro can be helpfull. Remember, DualBootPro is not a partition manager nor does it needs it own partition to operate. It is a GUI that helps useres with busl boot situations that uses the commands from Vista, Win 7, and Server 2008.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Re: Separate MBR for each OS?

Postby bootcurious » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Thanks for the info nt50.Appreciated.
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software