A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Dual XP English & XP Spanish

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Dual XP English & XP Spanish

Postby aguspen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi,

I want to have XP in Spanish language and XP in English language in the same computer; as I want the different programs in both languages as well, the Windows MUI doesn’t fit my needs, so I think the best for my needs is to install Spanish XP and programs on one hard disk and the English XP and programs on a second disk. So as a totally newbie in this matter I just have doubts and many questions. Is this possible? Can DualBootPro help me? How should I do it? Can I find somewhere a step by step guide? Will I need to install all drivers for each Windows disk? Can I clone the full configuration? Will deepfreeze work?

Thank for your help and regards.
PRO New Member

Re: Dual XP English & XP Spanish

Postby NT50 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

DaulBootPro will not help you with XP only, you have to have Vista, Windows 7, or Server 2008.

Install XP on one of the partitions/hard drive English, and then install XP on another partition/hard drive Spanish. They shoudl automatically pick each other up. If not then get back with us and we can manually setup for them to see each other via boot.ini.

Yes you will have to install drivers for each, you might can clone and then change the language but you will ahve to setup the manuly dual boot via boot.ini.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Re: Dual XP English & XP Spanish

Postby aguspen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Thankyou for your from reply. I have commenced to install XP on one of the drives and during the installation one message direct you to a MS web page explaining how to do multiboot. I think it is easier than I supossed, the explanation is clear enough, I think I would have no problems, anyway if I found any problem I will come back, I'll take a pair of days,
Thanks again.
PRO New Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems