A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Remove Physical Memory Limited to 100MB

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Remove Physical Memory Limited to 100MB

Postby thomasmckane » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:44 am

Why is the Remove Physical Memory limited to max 100 MB????? This is a serious flaw and needs fixed ASAP. :-?
PRO New Member

Re: Remove Physical Memory Limited to 100MB

Postby shreader » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:44 am

That is strange you get that,

I had mine set at (MB) 1000 & it worked fine on a 2 GB of installed Ram, Intel P4 Core 2 Duo rig.
Software Director

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:48 am

Select the OS you want to limit the memory on, select the Deduct Physical Memory check box and then type the amount of memory you want to remove. Click Apply Settings.

There does seem to be a problem with scrolling the amount of memory you want to remove using the more/lower arrows on the box where one enters the amount memory. I've reported that and thanks for bringing it to our attention thomasmckane.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby thomasmckane » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

I did exactly that, I typed 4096 (I have 8 GB) and when I left the textbox it changed back to 100 MB. Very frustrating.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 pm

When you left the textbox, did you go directly to Apply Settings?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby jbullard » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:07 pm

All,

I will have a look at this today. It could just be the code reporting an incorrect memory amount. The idea behind it, is that you are not allowed to limit it past the minimum required for the operating system. So, if Vista requires a minimum of 256MB and you try to subtract 800 from 1024 then it would not allow you to do this. You must maintain the minimum required. However, it sounds like the code is generating an incorrect memory amount which will need to be changed.

Jason
VP - Software

Postby thomasmckane » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Sounds like it. I ended up using MSConfig, which worked perfectly. I'm actually not sure why this app is better than MSConfig now? Maybe I should just get a refund and use MSConfig from now on.
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:03 pm

thomasmckane,

I can assure you that it is better than msconfig. In the next few days we will be releasing the fix for the above problem, as well as a few minor fixes too. We always appreciate your feedback and hope you choose to stay with us. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Return to PRO Software