A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

first use Dual boot - Can it do???

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

first use Dual boot - Can it do???

Postby Bob Perry » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm running an Acer netbook with XP and Win7 dual boot. Worked fine until XP threw a hissy fit and I had to reinstall. I can now run XP but can't get at the Win 7. They are in separate partitions on the same drive.

Question: Can I install DualBootPro and use it to boot to both systems?? It looks like that is the intent but I'm not sure if it will work with the Operating systems already installed.

If that is what it does I'll purchase.

Bob
PRO New Member

Re: first use Dual boot - Can it do???

Postby jbullard » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Bob,

DualBootPRO can do what you need unless the physical boot manager has been corrupted. It is very difficult to say whether or not it will work. The easiest way to get the dual boot option back is to use the Windows 7 DVD. When you get the "Install" screen you need to select the "Repair" screen in the bottom left. Then select startup repair. This will go through and reinstall the physical boot manager. :yesnod:

HTH
VP - Software

Return to PRO Software