A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Problem with corrupt installation

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Problem with corrupt installation

Postby Hansheld » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi,

Just tried to install the boot manager on an XP hdd, there are also one hdd for vista, one more for win 7. All three of them don't know each other, means I deactivated the others while installing one of the systems.
Now I tried to install the bootloader in the XP hdd (using the tutorial somewhere here in the forum, the one with copying the bootmgr file and the BOOT directory). However, obviously I did something wrong, XP don't start anymore. My problem now is: How to deactivate the corrupt boot manager at the xp hdd without being able to run XP...? Is it possible to deactivate it with the XP disk, somehow with the repair tool?

Thanks in advance
Hans
PRO New Member

Re: Problem with corrupt installation

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Gosh sorry about the extremely late response Hansheld...your post must of got lost in the holiday rush.

See both these guides for the steps you need to take, although your situation is a little different:

dual-boot-trouble-shooting-guide-xp-windows-7-running-t111216.html

install-windows-xp-in-dual-boot-with-pre-installed-windows-7-t104890.html

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems