A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

DualBootPro - Enhancement request

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

DualBootPro - Enhancement request

Postby greg roberts » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:38 am

Ability to active / deactivate partitions. When moving hard drives around on PCs, you may find one which is active partition wise but you don't want to use it in the dual boot context.

A Pro tool like DualBootPro should be able to detect this and allow adjustment.

Currently i can't boot my system due to this issue.

Also instructions on how to manually load DualBootpro onto a system or run from USB would be good.
If you are in recovery mode, you want to be able to run it, e.g. you provide a DOS like console equivalent.

(these forums topics are confusing and could do with some tidy up, hard to know where various issues should go)

Thanks
PRO New Member

Re: DualBootPro - Enhancement request

Postby jbullard » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Greg,

Thanks for the great suggestions and we will take a look at them more in-depth.

The ability to run from a USB device maybe possible. I must admit that I have not personally tried to do this. I would have to take a look at the code to see if this is even possible. DBP relies on some startup features that I believe are only available from within a Win32 console. However, that does not mean that it could not run from within the WinPE environment - which is possible.
VP - Software

Return to PRO Software