A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Updating VistaBoot Pro to DualBootPro

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Updating VistaBoot Pro to DualBootPro

Postby Schades » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 pm

I currently have VistaBootPro managing WinXP Pro Sp3 and Vista Ultimate SP2 on 2 seperate drives and
soon to install Windows 7 Ultimate on a 3rd seperate drive. Boot drive is WinXP.
To upgrade VBP to DBP do I install DBP over VBP? Or do I uninstall VBP first and then install DBP?
Also, is it better to install Win 7 within Vista with a custom install to a seperate drive? Or should I
disconnect the WinXP drive and the Vista drive first? Thanks
PRO New Member

Re: Updating VistaBoot Pro to DualBootPro

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:12 am

Hi Roger. You can uninstall your old version of VBP. Both VBP and DBP are BCD editors and not boot managers, so there will be no negative effect of removing them.

It's important you keep all drives connected and maintain the original boot priority order of the drives in your BIOS. Changing the drive priority or removing a drive during setup will change the drive tagged (System) where the boot system files for all operating systems are stored. This will create problems for setting up a dual or multiple boot system.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software