A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

no display please help

no display please help

Postby ChristianM » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:07 am

Hi, recently i have build a computer and i was running fine until last night. when I turned it on the cpu fan went on, the case fans went on, and so did the all the lights on the motherboard. Also the dvd drive works you can open it and close it but my LCD does not show any display and LCD is fine i'm sure. couple of days ago i installed windows 7 64 bit with 1Gb RAM, could this be a cause? before last night my system act the same way but after some pushing of power button it worked but not anymore.

My specs are:
cpu: intel pentium dual core E6300 2.8ghz
video card: xfx geforce 9600gso 384 mb
Motherboard: asus p5p43td
RAM: kingston 1gb ddr3 1333mhz, i was running windows 7 64bit.

thanks very much.
PRO Level 2

Re: no display please help

Postby augie » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 am

It's a hardware issue for sure, have you tried reseating your RAM, maybe you knocked something loose in the process, any beeps? Did you try reverting to your old RAM config? It's certainly not W7's fault. Oh, what power supply you have?
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby ChristianM » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:03 am

thanks of reply, i've checked the ram and tried different slots, was not loose, mobo have no buzzer, but i don't know about reverting old config, but i never overclocked anything. and i have powermaster PSU 550W. i don't know about its brand. thanks.
PRO Level 2

Postby NT50 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:33 am

Is the light on the monitor coming on?
Have you tried a different monitor?

I would either try a different monitor or carry your monitor and try it somewhere else.
If your monitor checks outs ok then check all cables and re-seat your video card. You may have to try another video card also.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Hardware and Customizing