A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

I am impressed!

I am impressed!

Postby Computerwiz2489 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:07 pm

I was finally able to get my hands on a RTM copy of Windows 7 Business thanks to MSDNAA and my University (it's sweet being a College student lol!) and I have to say I am quite impressed with Windows 7.
I tried the RC version but I quickly ditched it after quickly running into instability issues.

I absolutely LOVE how the new taskbar works now, just showing the icons and if that's intimidating to new users you can always have it switched back so it works like the regular Windows toolbar. I also love how Themes makes a return with a vengence. One thing I didn't like about XP was it's inability to handle themes. Vista could do something like it to an extent, but things like theme files were nonexistant AND I'm sure lots of users were begging Microsoft to add something like a wallpaper changer at intervals. It was nice to see Microsoft added that :yesnod:

I feel like I could go on and on about Windows 7's awesomeness, and this shows that Microsoft hit a home run. I honestly wasn't too excited for Windows Vista's features. Sure Aero was a nice improvement and the new UI was also interesting, but also uninteresting later on because it would be plagued by performance issues. Windows 7 is just snappy.... it just works right?

Everything is so snappy in 7. I can definitely notice it over Vista. I guess in the end Vista was just a little too ambitious for Microsoft and they had pressures mounting on them to deliver. It's nice to see 7's refinement.

So here's to you Microsoft :huzzah: and Windows. My have you come a long way...
PRO Level 15

Re: I am impressed!

Postby JabbaPapa » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:33 pm

:yesnod: ^*^

Glad you're liking it too ... :flirt :witch:
PRO VETERAN

Postby leo27 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 am

I've also got an MSDNAA acount through my Uni and plan to install it on my rig. Do you know how many win7 activations are allowed for the key we are given?
PRO Level 4

Postby JabbaPapa » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:28 am

leo27 wrote:I've also got an MSDNAA acount through my Uni and plan to install it on my rig. Do you know how many win7 activations are allowed for the key we are given?

One normally, if it's a full copy ; but you can migrate it to a new PC or hardware (for example if you upgrade your mobo + CPU).
PRO VETERAN

Postby Computerwiz2489 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 am

leo27 wrote:I've also got an MSDNAA acount through my Uni and plan to install it on my rig. Do you know how many win7 activations are allowed for the key we are given?

It depends. I actually think it may be a volume key and my friend in Computer Engineering thinks so too. I personally wouldn't go install-happy and start installing it on compuers freely though. MSDNAA for my school states we can install a copy on up to two computers but I would check with yours just to be safe because it may be different.

If you're the same as me you get two copies of 7, one being 64 bit and one being 32 bit and you get SEPERATE keys for them too. I'm sure the keys work interchangeably for each other.
PRO Level 15

Postby leo27 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:26 am

thanks for the reply guys i'll have to get round to installing it. Just out of curiosity what intel inf drivers are you using for windows 7??
PRO Level 4

Postby Computerwiz2489 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:08 am

? not sure what you mean there. If you want to know though, Window 7 is even better with drivers than Vista was. I did not install any drivers other than downloading and installing the latest graphics drivers and haven't had a problem. Every appropriate driver has been installed by Windows for me.
PRO Level 15

Return to General Windows Support