A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Good computer camera

Good computer camera

Postby gries818 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:46 am

A friend of mine is going into an intensive cancer treatment in a few days and won't be allowed to leave the hospital for a few months and wants a camera for her laptop to use with Skype. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good model? Probably on the cheaper side of things, but something good enough so that her family can get a good picture of her while she's away.

Thanks for the help! ^*^

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Re: Good computer camera

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:16 am

I use a fairly aging LG which was low cost and gives quite a good pic, but I think the things to look for are best possible resolution and as wide an angle as possible. Other than that...price obviously. Lighting on mine is important, and I have to adjust that by placing lamps where there's not too much glare on me but enough light to pick up and transmit images OK.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby stellalxin » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:09 am

Hope your friend will recover early.
PRO New Member

Postby freebird9 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 am

i had a high-performance sensor for my laptop,it has a mircrophone avaliable,ultra-wide field of view and intelligent face tracking,max image resolution 2560 x 2048,compatible with all major online messaging applications: MSN, Yahoo, AOL and etc,hope it can bring some joys to your friend and hope your friend will recover soon.
PRO Level 2

Return to General Tech Chat