A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

LaCie 301428U 3TB Big Disk Quadra Hard Drive

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:45 pm

From the specs page: With eSATA 3Gbits, FireWire 800, FireWire 400 and Hi-Speed USB 2.0, it offers complete universal compatibility with any Mac or PC. With built-in RAID 0, it reaches fast burst transfer rates of up to 165MB/s (eSATA 3Gbits)

I can only assume that it's at least two HDD's in RAID0 so it's definitely not a single drive which leads me to think it may be 2 X 1.5 TB drives or 3 X 1 TB drives. What's the largest capacity single HDD available at the moment?

It scares the heck outa me to think of losing that much data all in one go :eek:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re: LaCie 301428U 3TB Big Disk Quadra Hard Drive

Postby JabbaPapa » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Grav!ty wrote:What's the largest capacity single HDD available at the moment?

Don't know about the exact moment, but a month or so ago when I looked a little deeply into the question, the largest generally available models were 2TB in size.

But YES there are 1.5 TB models, so it could very well be a box with two of those inside :)

FYI I know someone who occasionally works with HP, and they have a similar product, although not sure if actually released yet, with 4x2TB ;)
PRO VETERAN

Return to Hardware and Customizing