A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Port Forwarding help???

Port Forwarding help???

Postby nightfire » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:56 am

So, i'm trying to use utorrent currently, and for some reason it will never reach any full speeds, stays below 20 kb/s

it says that the port i have selected for use not forwarded properly, so i logged into my router, a motorola running ddwrt, and forwarded it, still no luck.

Also, when i go to the UPnP on my router, it shows utorrent as being forwarded automatically with the correct ports, which showed up without me doing anything...does this mean anything?

is there some setting on my router that is killing my port forwarding?

thanks for the help
(Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 Mobo)(AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+)(3.5 GB high speed ram?)(EVGA Geforce 8800GTS)(500 GB and 1 TB Sata Drives)super high speed, 3COM 56k Modem!!
PRO Level 7

Re: Port Forwarding help???

Postby mnemonicj » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:34 am

Are you port forwarding the correct upload ports and not just the download ports? I think some Bittorrent clients are smart enough to know when you are trying to leach (even if you are downloading Ubuntu or Open Office) and your download speeds are throttled if you are not uploading.

On the Bittorrent client, I manually set the upload port to 6881 and forward any incoming requests to my router to the computer's IP address that I use for Bittorrent.
PRO Level 15

Re: Port Forwarding help???

Postby nightfire » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:39 am

well, utorrent doesnt seem to have an uploading port, and btw, port forwarding used to work just fine until i switch my modem from bridged pppoe to regular mode or something

thats what made it stop forwarding correctly
(Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 Mobo)(AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+)(3.5 GB high speed ram?)(EVGA Geforce 8800GTS)(500 GB and 1 TB Sata Drives)super high speed, 3COM 56k Modem!!
PRO Level 7

Return to General Windows Support