A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows XP SP2 Slipstreamed

Postby Neuromancer » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:20 pm

dont use nero then

download cdimagegui its what I always use :)

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:21 pm

e to the x wrote:
Grav!ty wrote:Oh ok you need that little image file? The one that makes the CD bootable?

Well I have the Microsoft Corporation.img file on the CD. When I try to acess it in Nero is tells me it is an unexpected file type and will not let me get any further with it.

That is a bit weird. So you extracted it to a seperate folder on your hard drive using isobuster and its when you burn that you have that error messsage?

Are you at this point of Nero with these exact settings when you get that error?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby e to the x » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Grav!ty wrote:That is a bit weird. So you extracted it to a seperate folder on your hard drive using isobuster and its when you burn that you have that error messsage?

Are you at this point of Nero with these exact settings when you get that error?

My Nero doesn't even look like that. I can't take a screenie since I am at work right now. Hmm...maybe this OEM copy of Nero is not the same? I know I've used it before though.
~Main Rig~
Phenom II X6
GA-870a-UD3
8 GB Corsair DDR3-1333
eVGA 9800GT
WD Black 500 GB
WD Black 1 TB
WD Green 1 TB
Seagate 250 GB
W7 x64
~Audio Stream Rig~
Athlon XP 2000+
MSI Motherboard
1 GB DDR-400
SoundBlaster Audigy2
160 GB HDD
WinXP
PROfessional Member

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:27 pm

To the best of my knowledge none of the other Nero apps will work. Only Nero Burning Rom. Give it a try when you get a chance and if it comes to it we can find a way to get new microsoft corporation.img file
to ya :)

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby Neuromancer » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:30 pm

cdimagegui is already configured no messing around with "expert" settings... although you can. ;)

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Postby e to the x » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:35 pm

@ Grav!ty: OK I will look for the full version...its in my apartment somewhere.

@ Neuro: I will look into that program should Nero fail me.
~Main Rig~
Phenom II X6
GA-870a-UD3
8 GB Corsair DDR3-1333
eVGA 9800GT
WD Black 500 GB
WD Black 1 TB
WD Green 1 TB
Seagate 250 GB
W7 x64
~Audio Stream Rig~
Athlon XP 2000+
MSI Motherboard
1 GB DDR-400
SoundBlaster Audigy2
160 GB HDD
WinXP
PROfessional Member

Re: Windows XP SP2 Slipstreamed

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:00 pm

Grav!ty wrote:Step 3.

Now Integrate/Slipstream SP2 into your old XP CD with the following command line (start>run):

C:\XPSP2\i386\Update\Update.exe -S:C:\XPCD

For the above commands to work you need to have created exactly the same file structure as indicated above. If you have used a hard drive or partition with a different drive letter then that needs to changed accordingly

This is still my absolute favourite guide in the whole of PROnet :yesnod:

Just one thing though --- to slipstream a Service Pack into an x64 version of Windows, assuming all else (folder names) is equal, the command to do so would be:

C:\XPSP2\amd64\Update\Update.exe -S:C:\XPCD
PRO VETERAN

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:09 am

Graham, it looks like a large chunk of important information has vanished from the top post in this thread :(
PRO VETERAN

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Oh yeah it must have gotten left behind on the old forum. Thanks Julian, I'll fix it soon ^*^

If you find more please bump them and I'll pick up your post too :yesnod:

PROfessional Member

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 am

Fixed.

PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Guides