A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

BCD backup problem

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

BCD backup problem

Postby bookie56 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi to everyone,
I have just installed Vistabootpro on Vista Business because I am going go dual boot and Visabootpro comes highly recommended.
Problem - I run install of Vistabootpro and on starting it - it asks me if I want to backup bcd and I say yes. I create a folder and give the file a name but every time I try to save it it comes up error.

Is there anyone who has had similar problems
bookie56
PRO New Member

Re: BCD backup problem

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:34 pm

What's the error message you're getting bookie56?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby bookie56 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Grav!ty ^*^ nice of you to drob by.

I have created a directory called BCD Backup and in that I have created another directory backup1 and then called the file back up 1.

The error is:

VisataBootPRO detected an error while trying to run the following command.

/export"C:\BCD BACKUP\Backup1\backup1.bcd

Then there is something in Swedish that I can't read. Sorry, I am in Sweden and have a Swedish Vista Business.

I hope that helps.

bookie56
PRO New Member

Postby Russ30 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:21 pm

I have exactly the same problem. Can anyone help? Everytime I open by clicking on the icon I'm told to back up my BCD file. I try, typing in a store address but I keep getting the error message. I'm afraid to go any further for fear of losing my Vista OS.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Are you clicking Browse and then inserting a file name in the window that pops up?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby jbullard » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:11 am

bookie56,

Is the actual file being created? If so then it is an error being generated by VistaBootPRO due to a language conflict. The next release is going to correct this issue.

Jason
VP - Software

Postby Russ30 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:03 pm

I had the same probleml. I went to various sites and installed both the 3.3 version that I bought and a couple of free 3.3 versions. None of them worked. I finally installed a free 3.1 version and it worked great (at least I was able to store the BCD Backup). Now, whether the 3.1 version of the program will do what I want I can't say, I haven't tried to install XP alongside my Vista yet.
PRO New Member

Postby Russ30 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Amigos...
Here's the URL for free download of version 3.1 for those who have had problems storing the BCD backup file:
URL removed by Grav!ty - site emailed to remove the download.
It does seem to be a language problem. The original post detailed problems with a Vista from Sweden while my Vista is in Spanish. Neither version 3.2 nor 3.3 work for me, only 3.1. Why don't the sellers of this program advise people that it will only work for English language versions of Vista before people like me waste their money and time? Am I going to get a refund or an updated version of the program that will work on my machine?
I don't know why the URL gets automatically edited when I submit it. Where there's ... there should be 3076-vistabootpro-beta.html
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Russ30, if you ask for a refund you will receive one.

PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software