A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

ie8 and windows 7

ie8 and windows 7

Postby Joni » Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Hello again, for about a week now update to ie8 has been on my windows update site. Not real sure if I want to download it or not. Have been reading posts about many people having problems with it after installing. The main thing I want to avoid for as long as possible is anything related to Live Windows or cloud computing. Is ie8 in any way related to cloud computing? As far as Windows 7 goes this is cloud computing related, right? If I don't download ie 8 will this prevent me from future downloads? This probably sounds idiotic to some computer experts but to me it's something I'd like to know, thanks :question
Don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird "butt"

PROfessional Member

Re: ie8 and windows 7

Postby Grav!ty » Thu May 28, 2009 12:31 am

Windows 7 is pretty much the same was Vista with no hint of "cloud computing". I think there's still way too many folk on dial up globally for that to become a reality any time soon...well at least not within the lifespan of Windows 7 which is likely to be around 5 years.

Many of us have installed and used Explorer 8 without any issues, although I'm inclined to say most regulars here use Firefox as their default browser.

I'm going to move your post to the Windows 7 Chat & Discusscion forum shortly.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re: ie8 and windows 7

Postby Joni » Thu May 28, 2009 2:03 am

Thank you gravity. Maybe I'll take a chance and download ie 8. Does anyone know what to use for an email web site when Windows 7 comes out without a mail program except for live mail? If I had to resort to livemail as you saying it may not be in the clouds in real time for at least 5 years. It's been so long since I've been here in the forum and it's changed so much I didn't know where to put my post. I'm being educated already. :yesnod:
Don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird "butt"

PROfessional Member

Return to General Windows Support