A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

help with vistabootpro - dual boot vista preinstalled/XP

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

help with vistabootpro - dual boot vista preinstalled/XP

Postby jaywaggy » Fri May 22, 2009 2:44 pm

i have a Packard bell istart 2390aio with windows vista pre-installed and i have made a partition in my hard drive and installed windows xp pro, now i can only get the xp to boot up on start up i have installed vista boot pro and when i run it it tell me to back up bcd reg so i have backed up to a memory stick, what do i do now after the back up? can some one tell me a step by step what to do with vista boot pro 3.2.0 to get a dual boot system ??
Last edited by Grav!ty on Fri May 22, 2009 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic title changed to better reflect the issue discussed
PRO New Member

Re: help needed for vista boot pro

Postby Grav!ty » Fri May 22, 2009 3:30 pm

install-windows-xp-in-a-dual-boot-with-pre-installed-windows-t88231.html

Let us know if you need more help or information :)

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby jaywaggy » Fri May 22, 2009 7:01 pm

i have run the vista boot loader and i have just run diagnostic and the manage OS tab has opened with vista, recovery and earlier vision of windows in it i have changed the name to xp but in the drive box there is no drive letter what should it be ?? as when booted in vista it is (D) where xp is and when booted in xp it is (H) where xp is. which should be in the drive letter box ??
PRO New Member

Postby jaywaggy » Fri May 22, 2009 9:14 pm

the drive that worked was (c)
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Fri May 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Glad you got it working...well done jaywaggy.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software