A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Can VBP set Win7 RC1 to not enforce driver signing?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby bendan » Tue May 19, 2009 9:09 pm

I have tried everything I could find but nothing works with Win7 RC1..

Any joy here? :question
PRO New Member

Re: Can VBP set Win7 RC1 to not enforce driver signing?

Postby Grav!ty » Tue May 19, 2009 10:25 pm

No it can't...at this stage. We're not aware of anything that works at this point, but are working on that for a new version.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Wed May 20, 2009 9:02 am

There is a method to convert existing unsigned drivers into test drivers, switch on Windows testing mode, and create a local signature for your driver(s) which does avoid the problem when implemented correctly - although you should bear in mind that this solution is strictly local, and must be implemented for each individual driver on each individual setup.

This is NOT something recommendable to casual computer users, and should only be undertaken by those having at least the basics of programming knowledge.

We have a thread somewhere here detailing the steps and tools needed to accomplish these tasks should you want to search for it --- it's basic programming, not rocket science, so if you've any experience at all you should find it relatively easy :)

Unsigned drivers are less of a problem in Vista SP1 or later, as Vista appears to have been changed so as to allow for the most common modded drivers, contrary to Vista RTM ; and of course any fairly recent hardware and software drivers should normally have the proper digital signatures, which are easily obtained from Microsoft.
PRO VETERAN

Postby BILLMCC66 » Wed May 20, 2009 9:36 am

The only way i know is when you boot the PC between the time you see the boot screen and the log on keep tapping F8 and this will take you to another boot screen and at the bottom of the list is an option not to enforce driver signing.
I have to use this option for VMware and each time you boot you will have to do it over again.
STILL LEARNING

LOGIC CAN GET YOU FROM A TO B BUT IMAGINATION CAN GET YOU ANYWHERE
PRO Level 8

Postby bendan » Wed May 20, 2009 5:59 pm

F8 in unacceptable for a SETI number cruncher running unattended 24/7. It could not recover from a power outage.

ReadyDriverPlus and Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider programs do not work.

Group Policy Editor/Administrative Templates/System/Driver Installation/Code Signing for Device Drivers/Enabled/Ignore will not work.

CMD:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
will not work.

I copied the signed driver from VISTA to Win7 and it got the same message.

:bashhead

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Thu May 21, 2009 11:28 am

bendan wrote:F8 in unacceptable for a SETI number cruncher running unattended 24/7. It could not recover from a power outage.

ReadyDriverPlus and Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider programs do not work.

Group Policy Editor/Administrative Templates/System/Driver Installation/Code Signing for Device Drivers/Enabled/Ignore will not work.

CMD:
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
will not work.

I copied the signed driver from VISTA to Win7 and it got the same message.

:bashhead

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

:moreat: Vista SP1 x64 and disabling Driver Signing....can it be done?
PRO VETERAN

Postby bendan » Thu May 21, 2009 7:04 pm

I read that thread and investigated the 'sign it myself' process.
It's more than I can do myself.

Has anyone automated the process?
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:42 am

bendan wrote:I read that thread and investigated the 'sign it myself' process.
It's more than I can do myself.

Has anyone automated the process?

No -- you would need to write a software application to achieve this goal, which would be a waste of effort from any developer's point of view, because the key operations in the process would remain manual ones -- ie locating the individual drivers used by your individual hardware configuration.
PRO VETERAN

Return to PRO Software