A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Congrats to Kevin D for getting to the millionaires club!

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

Congrats to Kevin D for getting to the millionaires club!

Postby augie » Mon May 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Well almost, he's still got another 532 points to go. I'm sure he's gotten there already! ^*^

Thanks to the rest of the team to continue folding, we are catching some big folks who haven't kept up. Man, being in spot 275 out of at least 200K teams makes me proud of this relatively small team! ^*^ :drinking
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Re: Congrats to Kevin D for getting to the millionaires club!

Postby imnuts » Mon May 18, 2009 11:40 pm

I think the issue that most teams see is keeping members active, which was our biggest issue for a while. It seems that despite the fact that we only have a small handful of relatively active people, they stay active and don't stop where other teams will have a lot of points really quickly and then half the people just stop. My points are probably going to drop off significantly at some point for a week or so as I'm going to try and encode a few movies, so folding will take a back seat for a little bit.
PRO SUPREME

Postby BILLMCC66 » Tue May 19, 2009 4:58 am

congratulations Kevin Image

It would be great if we could pull in a few more members to the folding team so that when one of us has a problem the team points do not drop so dramatically.
STILL LEARNING

LOGIC CAN GET YOU FROM A TO B BUT IMAGINATION CAN GET YOU ANYWHERE
PRO Level 8

Postby augie » Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 am

Ya, Mark is absolutely right. People leave for many reasons and I'm seeing more and more folks leaving the fold these days due to electricity costs. I had not really realized that that was a big expense as our power is the cheapest on the continent as it's mainly hydro and is provincially controlled. I'll have to figure out how much that is for me, I'm curious now.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Return to Distributed Computing