A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Public Download of Windows 7 Release Candidate

Public Download of Windows 7 Release Candidate

Postby shreader » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Edit: Here is a direct link to the public download, also my post near the bottom of this page has it too.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... nload.aspx

As the next-generation operating system from Microsoft, Windows 7 opens new development, sales, and services opportunities for your business. With Windows 7, you can offer your customers a robust foundation for high-quality experiences across applications, services, PCs, and devices.

We are pleased to announce that Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) is available. Windows 7 RC is the prerelease version of Windows 7. Since this is not the final release, your PC will gather and send information to Microsoft engineers to help them check the fixes and changes made based on testing of Windows 7 Beta.
Test-drive Windows 7 RC today to see for yourself—and to show your colleagues and customers—how Windows 7 delivers improved management, security, reliability, and performance.

Download Windows 7 RC
Partners: If you have a subscription to MSDN or TechNet, you can download Windows 7 RC now. Otherwise, you can download Windows 7 RC starting May 5, 2009.

Source: Microsoft
Software Director

Re: Download Windows 7 RC

Postby kd1966 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:25 pm

Excellent news!! I recently got the x64 of build 7077 on my "monster" system (Quad core AMD 9650 and 8GB DDR-1066 RAM) dual booting with x64 Vista Ultimate :()
PRO PLATINUM

Postby yeshuas » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:28 pm

shreader wrote:As the next-generation operating system from Microsoft, Windows 7 opens new development, sales, and services opportunities for your business. With Windows 7, you can offer your customers a robust foundation for high-quality experiences across applications, services, PCs, and devices.

We are pleased to announce that Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) is available. Windows 7 RC is the prerelease version of Windows 7. Since this is not the final release, your PC will gather and send information to Microsoft engineers to help them check the fixes and changes made based on testing of Windows 7 Beta.
Test-drive Windows 7 RC today to see for yourself—and to show your colleagues and customers—how Windows 7 delivers improved management, security, reliability, and performance.

Download Windows 7 RC
Partners: If you have a subscription to MSDN or TechNet, you can download Windows 7 RC now. Otherwise, you can download Windows 7 RC starting May 5, 2009.

I have a Technet Subscription and all it does is take me to the same beta downloads I have had available since January, when I click on the button that says "Download Windows 7 RC"
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Can't see it on TechNet either...I'm looking forward to this :harley:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subs ... fault.aspx

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby kd1966 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:54 pm

The only thing showing on my Connect account is the original 7000 build.............. doh!! :oops:
PRO PLATINUM

Postby imnuts » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:58 pm

They are not running this W7 beta very well. They want user feedback, but haven't released a new build in 2 months. People have been filing bugs on it just to get a response that it's been fixed or not reproducible in the current build, and this has happened for about the past month. Now, they finally have a new build available and it's not available to the beta testers that are supposed to be making the product better, but is there for people that are developing on it. The way it's going, the "public" is going to get access to the same builds as the beta testers. Vista may have flopped, but at least builds were semi-frequent so that bug testing was much easier to do.
PRO SUPREME

Postby kd1966 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:40 pm

Right......... I filed about 10 bugs in the first2-4 weeks, and eventually I got some vague responses. Only 2 were actually responded by telling me the bug was fixed in a later internal build.................. great, but where's the next BETA build to verify that??

JMO........... I think MS is taking a different path to Windows 7 with regards to beta testing; they are using the public testers to point out flaws in the "basic" 7000 build (Which I think was already a semi RC, or at least nearly ready), at which point, MS engineers took these bugs and through whatever process they use, fixed them and created additional internal builds to test that bugs were in fact fixed. The Win7 team then, for whatever reasons, decided that it was RC time, as they pretty much did the BETA-2 process themselves, and here we are........ :yesnod:
I think $$$ was a big issue, as it takes enormous resources to push out additional builds beyond the MS borders of Redmond, so why not let them be part of the Beta testing/fixing process? Sure, it kinda sucks for us testers to NOT get another build, but the RC is still going to be there on 5 May, sooner for others, and from there we can really take a close look to see what in fact has changed....... ^*^
PRO PLATINUM

Postby shreader » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:02 am

Partners: If you have a subscription to MSDN or TechNet, you can download Windows 7 RC now.

Nothing yet that I have seen on connect or at the 'system builders' partner, download page.

I haven't read anything official from MS, so what "now" means to them is anyones guess.
Software Director

Postby wd5fdl » Sat May 02, 2009 6:48 am

yeshuas wrote:
shreader wrote:As the next-generation operating system from Microsoft, Windows 7 opens new development, sales, and services opportunities for your business. With Windows 7, you can offer your customers a robust foundation for high-quality experiences across applications, services, PCs, and devices.

Download Windows 7 RC

I have a Technet Subscription and all it does is take me to the same beta downloads I have had available since January, when I click on the button that says "Download Windows 7 RC"

is it a paid subscription and uptodate...it cost $348.95 to join TechNet i am waiting till tuesday
PRO New Member

Re: Download Windows 7 RC ?

Postby shreader » Tue May 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Th Public Download of Windows 7 Release Candidate went live last night.

Here is the link for the download:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/window ... nload.aspx
Software Director

Return to General Windows Support